Birthstones are a unique and special way to celebrate one’s birth month. Each month has its own designated birthstone, which is believed to hold mystical and healing properties. But with so many options to choose from, how does one go about finding the perfect birthstone jewelry? This guide will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the history of birthstones, the different types of birthstones available, and tips on how to choose the perfect birthstone jewelry for you. So whether you’re looking for a gift or a treat for yourself, this guide will help you find the perfect birthstone to celebrate your special day.
What are birthstones?
Birthstones are gemstones that are associated with a person’s birth month. The tradition of wearing birthstones dates back thousands of years and has been practiced in various cultures around the world. In ancient times, people believed that each gemstone had unique healing properties and could bring good luck and protection to the wearer. Today, birthstones are primarily worn as a way to celebrate and express one’s identity and connection to their birth month.
The history and significance of birthstones
Birthstones have been an integral part of human culture for centuries, with each month of the year being associated with a specific gemstone. The origins of birthstones can be traced back to the ancient world, where they were believed to hold special powers and were used for religious and spiritual purposes.
One of the earliest known references to birthstones can be found in the Bible, where the twelve stones used to build the breastplate of the High Priest are described as representing the twelve tribes of Israel. These stones were believed to have special powers and were used to ward off evil spirits and promote good health.
In medieval Europe, birthstones were used to protect against illness and evil spirits, and were often worn as talismans or amulets. During this time, the concept of birthstones was further developed by scholars and mystics, who associated each gemstone with specific properties and meanings.
Today, birthstones continue to hold significance as a way to celebrate one’s birth month and to honor the unique qualities and characteristics associated with each gemstone. Many people choose to wear birthstone jewelry as a way to express their individuality and to connect with their personal history and cultural heritage.
How birthstones are associated with birth months
Birthstones have been associated with birth months for centuries, with each month having its own unique gemstone. The origin of this tradition is rooted in historical beliefs that certain gemstones held healing properties and could provide protection to the wearer. Over time, the association of birthstones with birth months has become a widely recognized and celebrated tradition.
Each month has a corresponding birthstone, which is believed to have a special connection to the individual born in that month. For example, January is associated with the garnet, February with the amethyst, and March with the aquamarine. These gemstones are thought to possess specific qualities that resonate with the characteristics of the individuals born in each respective month.
The connection between birthstones and birth months is also believed to have spiritual and mystical significance. Some believe that wearing a birthstone can enhance the wearer’s connection to the natural world and provide spiritual guidance. Additionally, some cultures believe that birthstones have the power to influence one’s personality traits, health, and luck.
Despite the modern understanding of gemstones and their properties, the tradition of associating birthstones with birth months remains a meaningful and enduring practice. It is a way to connect with one’s personal history and celebrate the unique qualities associated with the month of birth.
Choosing Your Birthstone
Factors to consider when choosing your birthstone
When choosing your birthstone, there are several factors to consider to ensure that you select the perfect piece of birthstone jewelry. These factors include:
- Personal Style: Your personal style is an important factor to consider when choosing your birthstone. Do you prefer bold and colorful jewelry, or do you prefer more subtle and understated pieces? Consider your overall style when selecting your birthstone to ensure that it complements your existing jewelry collection.
- Occasion: The occasion for which you are purchasing the birthstone jewelry can also be a factor in your decision. For example, if you are purchasing a birthstone ring as an engagement ring, you may want to choose a more traditional setting or a ring with a more intricate design. On the other hand, if you are purchasing a birthstone necklace as a birthday gift, you may want to choose a more playful and fun design.
- Budget: Your budget is also an important factor to consider when choosing your birthstone. Birthstone jewelry can range in price from relatively inexpensive to quite expensive, depending on the quality of the stone and the design of the piece. Set a budget before you begin shopping to ensure that you find a piece that fits your financial needs.
- Meaning: Each birthstone has its own unique meaning and symbolism, and this can be an important factor to consider when choosing your birthstone. For example, if you are purchasing a birthstone ring as a symbol of commitment in a relationship, you may want to choose a ring with a meaningful design or inscription.
- Quality: Finally, the quality of the birthstone is an important factor to consider when choosing your birthstone. Look for stones that are clear and well-cut, and avoid pieces with inclusions or other imperfections. Additionally, consider the quality of the setting and the overall craftsmanship of the piece to ensure that it is durable and long-lasting.
Zodiac signs and their relationship with birthstones
When choosing your birthstone, it’s important to consider your zodiac sign. Each zodiac sign is associated with a specific birthstone, which is believed to have unique healing properties and symbolic meanings. By wearing your birthstone, you can tap into the energies of your zodiac sign and enhance your personal power.
Here’s a brief overview of the birthstones associated with each zodiac sign:
- Aries (March 21 – April 19): Diamond
- Taurus (April 20 – May 20): Emerald
- Gemini (May 21 – June 20): Agate
- Cancer (June 21 – July 22): Ruby
- Leo (July 23 – August 22): Peridot
- Virgo (August 23 – September 22): Sapphire
- Libra (September 23 – October 22): Opal
- Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): Topaz
- Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): Turquoise
- Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): Garnet
- Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Amethyst
- Pisces (February 19 – March 20): Amethyst
By wearing your birthstone, you can tap into the unique energies of your zodiac sign and enhance your personal power. Whether you choose a necklace, bracelet, or pair of earrings, make sure to choose high-quality birthstone jewelry that will last a lifetime.
Birthstone meanings and symbolism
When choosing your birthstone, it’s important to consider the meanings and symbolism associated with each stone. Each birthstone has its own unique set of characteristics and beliefs, and these can provide insight into the qualities and traits that are said to be associated with those born under that particular star sign.
For example, the birthstone for January is garnet, which is said to represent love, passion, and courage. February’s birthstone, amethyst, is believed to bring about a sense of calm and inner peace, while March’s birthstone, aquamarine, is said to represent youthfulness and vitality.
Understanding the symbolism of your birthstone can help you choose jewelry that not only looks beautiful, but also carries meaning and significance for you personally. It can also be a fun way to learn more about your own personality and characteristics, and to explore the symbolism of your birth month.
However, it’s important to remember that the meanings and symbolism of birthstones are often based on ancient myths and legends, and may not be rooted in scientific fact. So while it can be interesting to explore the symbolism of your birthstone, it’s also important to take these associations with a grain of salt and choose the birthstone that speaks to you personally, regardless of its traditional meanings.
Types of Birthstone Jewelry
Necklaces are a popular choice for birthstone jewelry, as they are versatile and can be worn on a daily basis. When choosing a necklace, it is important to consider the length and style of the piece. Here are some options to consider:
- Chain length: The length of the chain can affect the overall look of the necklace. A choker chain is a popular choice for birthstone necklaces, as it sits close to the neck and is perfect for layering with other necklaces. A princess chain is another option, as it is slightly longer and can be worn on its own or layered with other necklaces. A rope chain is a classic option that is longer and can be worn at different lengths.
- Style: The style of the necklace can also be a factor in choosing the perfect birthstone piece. A simple pendant with a single birthstone is a classic choice, while a multi-stone pendant with several birthstones is a great option for those with multiple birthstones. A birthstone charm necklace is another option, as it allows for customization and can be worn with other charms.
- Material: The material of the necklace can also affect the overall look and feel of the piece. A gold necklace is a classic choice, while a silver necklace is a more modern option. A diamond-encrusted necklace is a luxurious choice for a special occasion.
Overall, when choosing a birthstone necklace, it is important to consider the length and style of the piece, as well as the material and any additional details such as charms or diamonds.
When it comes to birthstone jewelry, earrings are a popular choice for many reasons. For one, they are a versatile accessory that can be worn on any occasion. Additionally, earrings allow you to showcase your birthstone in a way that is both elegant and sophisticated. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect pair of birthstone earrings:
Choose the Right Metal
The metal you choose for your birthstone earrings can have a big impact on the overall look of the piece. Popular options include gold, silver, and platinum. If you want a more unique look, consider a pair of earrings made from a combination of metals or even a pair of earrings that incorporate a gemstone other than your birthstone.
Consider the Earring Style
There are many different styles of earrings to choose from, including studs, hoops, drops, and chandeliers. Consider your personal style and the occasion you will be wearing the earrings to determine which style is best for you. For example, studs are a classic and versatile choice that can be worn with any outfit, while chandelier earrings are a more dramatic option that are perfect for a formal event.
Look for Quality Craftsmanship
When choosing birthstone earrings, it is important to consider the quality of the craftsmanship. Look for earrings that are well-made and durable, with smooth and even surfaces. Avoid earrings with rough edges or visible imperfections. Additionally, make sure the earrings are properly set and that the stones are securely in place.
Choose the Right Size
The size of the earrings you choose can also impact the overall look of the piece. Consider your personal style and the occasion you will be wearing the earrings to determine the right size for you. For example, larger earrings may be more suitable for a formal event, while smaller earrings may be better for everyday wear.
Overall, when choosing birthstone earrings, it is important to consider the metal, style, craftsmanship, and size of the piece. By taking these factors into account, you can find the perfect pair of earrings that showcase your birthstone in a way that is both elegant and sophisticated.
Bracelets are a popular choice for birthstone jewelry. They come in a variety of styles, from delicate and dainty to bold and statement-making. Here are some things to consider when choosing a birthstone bracelet:
- Material: Bracelets can be made from a variety of materials, including gold, silver, and platinum. Each metal has its own unique look and feel, so choose the one that best suits your personal style.
- Style: Bracelets come in a range of styles, from simple and classic to elaborate and ornate. Consider your personal style when choosing a bracelet, and select one that complements your overall look.
- Birthstone: Of course, the most important consideration when choosing a birthstone bracelet is the birthstone itself. Each bracelet features a stone that represents your birth month, so choose one that resonates with you and reflects your personal style.
- Size: Bracelets come in a range of sizes, from delicate and dainty to bold and statement-making. Consider your personal style and the occasion when choosing a bracelet, and select one that is the right size for your wrist.
- Durability: Bracelets are a popular choice for everyday wear, but they can also be delicate. Consider the durability of the bracelet when making your selection, and choose one that is made from high-quality materials that will withstand everyday wear and tear.
Rings are a popular choice for birthstone jewelry, as they are both elegant and versatile. There are several types of rings to choose from, including solitaire rings, three-stone rings, and cluster rings.
Solitaire rings are a classic choice for birthstone jewelry. They feature a single birthstone, often set in a simple setting that allows the stone to shine. Solitaire rings can be worn on their own or paired with other jewelry for a layered look.
Three-stone rings are another popular choice for birthstone jewelry. They feature three stones, usually set in a line or in a circular pattern. The first stone represents the past, the second stone represents the present, and the third stone represents the future. These rings are often more elaborate than solitaire rings and can be set with a variety of stones.
Cluster rings are a fun and modern choice for birthstone jewelry. They feature a cluster of smaller stones, often set in a circular or geometric pattern. These rings are perfect for those who want to showcase multiple birthstones at once. Cluster rings can be worn on their own or stacked with other rings for a trendy look.
No matter which type of ring you choose, it’s important to consider the metal and setting. Gold and silver are popular choices for birthstone rings, but you can also choose a ring in a more unique metal like rose gold or titanium. It’s also important to consider the cut and quality of the stone, as this can greatly affect the overall look and value of the ring.
Anklets are a popular type of birthstone jewelry that can be worn on the ankle. They are often made of delicate chains or beaded strings that dangle a charm or stone at the bottom. Anklets are a great way to add a touch of personalized style to your outfit and can be worn with a variety of shoes, from sandals to boots.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing an anklet:
- Material: Anklets can be made from a variety of materials, including gold, silver, and stainless steel. Each material has its own unique look and feel, so choose the one that best matches your personal style.
- Chain length: Anklets come in a range of chain lengths, from thin and delicate to thick and bold. Choose a chain length that flatters your ankle shape and complements your outfit.
- Clasp type: Anklets can have a variety of clasp types, including lobster claw, spring ring, and toggle. Choose a clasp type that is easy to fasten and secure.
- Stone: Anklets can be set with a variety of birthstones, each with its own unique meaning and symbolism. Choose a stone that resonates with your personal style and birth month.
Anklets are a versatile and personalized type of birthstone jewelry that can be worn with a variety of outfits. Consider the material, chain length, clasp type, and stone when choosing an anklet to find the perfect piece that matches your personal style and birth month.
Caring for Your Birthstone Jewelry
Cleaning and maintenance
Maintaining your birthstone jewelry is crucial to keep it looking its best and lasting for years to come. Here are some tips on cleaning and maintaining your birthstone jewelry:
- Avoid harsh chemicals: When cleaning your birthstone jewelry, avoid using harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia, as they can damage the stones and cause discoloration. Instead, use a soft cloth and mild soap and water to gently clean the jewelry.
- Inspect for damage: Before cleaning your birthstone jewelry, inspect it for any signs of damage, such as loose stones or broken chains. If you notice any damage, avoid cleaning the jewelry further as it may cause more damage.
- Store properly: To prevent scratches and damage, store your birthstone jewelry in a soft pouch or box lined with a soft cloth. Avoid storing your jewelry in direct sunlight or in areas with high humidity, as this can cause damage to the stones.
- Get it professionally cleaned: If your birthstone jewelry is particularly dirty or has intricate designs, it may be best to get it professionally cleaned by a jeweler. This will ensure that the jewelry is cleaned safely and effectively, and any damaged parts can be repaired.
By following these tips, you can keep your birthstone jewelry looking beautiful and maintain its value for years to come.
Storage and protection
Proper storage and protection are crucial in ensuring that your birthstone jewelry remains in pristine condition. Here are some tips to keep your birthstone jewelry looking its best:
- Store your birthstone jewelry in a safe place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
- Keep your birthstone jewelry in a protective case or pouch to prevent scratches and other types of damage.
- Avoid exposing your birthstone jewelry to harsh chemicals, such as bleach or chlorine, as these can damage the stones and metal.
- When not wearing your birthstone jewelry, it’s best to remove it to prevent accidental damage or loss.
- Consider having your birthstone jewelry professionally cleaned regularly to remove dirt and debris that can accumulate over time.
By following these simple steps, you can help ensure that your birthstone jewelry remains beautiful and timeless for years to come.
Troubleshooting common issues
- Cleaning your birthstone jewelry: To keep your birthstone jewelry looking its best, it’s important to clean it regularly. You can use a soft cloth and mild soap to gently clean your jewelry. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as these can damage the stones and settings.
- Protecting your birthstone jewelry: Birthstone jewelry can be fragile, so it’s important to protect it from damage. Avoid exposing your jewelry to extreme temperatures, such as leaving it in a car on a hot day or putting it in the dishwasher. Also, avoid wearing your jewelry when participating in activities that can be rough on the stones, such as swimming or playing sports.
- Addressing discoloration or changes in color: If your birthstone jewelry has become discolored or the color has changed, it may be due to exposure to certain chemicals or light. To address this issue, remove the jewelry and clean it thoroughly with a soft cloth and mild soap. If the discoloration persists, you may need to take the jewelry to a professional jeweler for further cleaning or repair.
- Dealing with loose stones: If a stone in your birthstone jewelry feels loose or seems to be falling out, it’s important to address the issue right away. A loose stone can be a sign of a loose setting or a poorly made piece of jewelry. To address this issue, take the jewelry to a professional jeweler who can tighten the setting or repair the piece.
- Addressing other issues: If you notice any other issues with your birthstone jewelry, such as breaks or cracks, take the jewelry to a professional jeweler for repair. A professional jeweler can assess the damage and make any necessary repairs to ensure your jewelry looks its best.
Preserving the beauty of your birthstone jewelry
Maintaining the luster and shine of your birthstone jewelry requires proper care and attention. By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your birthstone jewelry remains beautiful and eye-catching for years to come.
- Store your jewelry carefully: To prevent scratches and other types of damage, store your birthstone jewelry in a soft, clean cloth or a jewelry box. Avoid exposing your jewelry to extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, or moisture.
- Clean your jewelry regularly: Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe away any dirt or debris that may have accumulated on your birthstone jewelry. If your jewelry is particularly dirty, you can use a mild soap and water solution to clean it. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these can damage the surface of your jewelry.
- Inspect your jewelry regularly: Check your birthstone jewelry for any signs of wear or damage, such as loose stones or broken chains. If you notice any issues, take your jewelry to a professional jeweler for repairs.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to chemicals: Avoid exposing your birthstone jewelry to chemicals, such as perfumes, lotions, or hairsprays, as these can cause damage to the surface of your jewelry. If you must wear your jewelry while doing household chores or participating in sports activities, make sure to remove it before coming into contact with any chemicals.
- Consider professional cleaning and inspection: If you wear your birthstone jewelry frequently, consider having it professionally cleaned and inspected every six months to a year. This will help to keep your jewelry looking its best and ensure that any potential issues are addressed promptly.
By following these simple tips, you can help to preserve the beauty of your birthstone jewelry and keep it looking stunning for years to come.
Tips for maintaining the longevity of your birthstone jewelry
Maintaining your birthstone jewelry is essential to ensure its longevity and maintain its beauty. Here are some tips to help you take care of your birthstone jewelry:
- Avoid exposing your birthstone jewelry to extreme temperatures, as this can cause damage to the stones and metal.
- Store your birthstone jewelry in a safe place, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Clean your birthstone jewelry regularly using a soft cloth and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these can scratch the surface of the stones and metal.
- Take off your birthstone jewelry before engaging in physical activities, such as sports or household chores, to prevent damage.
- Have your birthstone jewelry professionally cleaned and inspected periodically to ensure its longevity and maintain its beauty.
By following these tips, you can keep your birthstone jewelry looking beautiful and lasting for years to come.
Where to buy high-quality birthstone jewelry
When it comes to purchasing high-quality birthstone jewelry, there are several options available to you. One of the best places to start your search is online retailers that specialize in handcrafted and custom-made pieces. These retailers often work directly with artisans and jewelers who can create unique and beautiful pieces that are tailored to your specific taste and style.
Another option is to visit local jewelry stores or markets, where you can often find a wide variety of birthstone jewelry options. These stores may also offer customization services, allowing you to create a truly one-of-a-kind piece that reflects your personal style and preferences.
When shopping for birthstone jewelry, it’s important to consider the quality of the materials used, as well as the craftsmanship of the piece. Look for jewelers who use high-quality gemstones and precious metals, and who pay close attention to detail in their work. You may also want to consider the durability of the piece, as well as its overall design and aesthetic appeal.
It’s also a good idea to read reviews and do research on the jewelers or retailers you are considering, to ensure that they have a reputation for quality and customer satisfaction. By taking the time to carefully research and compare your options, you can find the perfect birthstone jewelry piece that will be cherished and enjoyed for years to come.
Recap of key points
- Understanding the Basics: To care for your birthstone jewelry, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the basics of jewelry care. This includes knowing the right way to clean your jewelry, storing it properly, and taking it off before participating in activities that could damage it.
- Cleaning Your Birthstone Jewelry: Regular cleaning is essential to maintain the beauty and shine of your birthstone jewelry. Use a soft cloth and mild soap to clean your jewelry. For more intricate pieces, you may need to take them to a professional jeweler for cleaning.
- Storing Your Birthstone Jewelry: Proper storage is crucial to ensure the longevity of your birthstone jewelry. Store your jewelry in a soft pouch or a jewelry box to prevent scratches and other types of damage. Avoid storing your jewelry in areas with high humidity or extreme temperatures.
- Insuring Your Birthstone Jewelry: It’s also important to insure your birthstone jewelry to protect it from theft or loss. Contact your homeowner’s insurance provider or purchase a separate policy to cover your jewelry. Be sure to appraise your jewelry regularly to ensure that you have adequate coverage.
The significance of birthstones in modern times
Birthstones have been an integral part of human culture for centuries, with each month associated with a specific gemstone believed to possess unique healing properties and symbolic meanings. In modern times, birthstones continue to hold significant meaning, not only as symbols of personal identity but also as a means of expressing one’s individuality and personal style.
The concept of birthstones dates back to ancient times, with the first recorded reference to birthstones found in the book of Exodus in the Bible. The twelve gemstones mentioned in the book corresponded to the twelve tribes of Israel and were believed to represent the twelve months of the year.
Today, birthstones are recognized as a way to celebrate one’s birth month and are often used as a basis for selecting jewelry. Many people believe that wearing their birthstone provides them with a personal connection to the stone’s unique properties and symbolism.
The use of birthstones has also become a popular trend in modern fashion, with many designers incorporating birthstones into their jewelry collections. As a result, birthstone jewelry has become a popular gift option for birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions.
Despite their ancient origins, birthstones remain a relevant and meaningful aspect of modern culture. They continue to serve as a symbol of personal identity and connection to the natural world, as well as a way to express one’s personal style and individuality.
Celebrating your birth month with birthstone jewelry
Celebrating your birth month with birthstone jewelry is a wonderful way to showcase your unique personality and commemorate your special day. By choosing the perfect birthstone jewelry, you can create a timeless piece that reflects your individuality and personal style.
To help you find the perfect birthstone jewelry, it’s essential to understand the history and significance of your birthstone. Each month has a corresponding birthstone that holds symbolic meaning and is believed to bring good luck and positive energy to the wearer. By wearing your birthstone, you can connect with your roots and celebrate your heritage.
When selecting birthstone jewelry, consider the following factors:
- Personal preferences: Your jewelry should reflect your unique personality and style. Choose a design that complements your individuality and enhances your natural beauty.
- Occasions: Consider the occasion for which you’re purchasing the jewelry. Birthstone jewelry is perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, or special celebrations. Choose a piece that reflects the mood and significance of the occasion.
- Quality: Invest in high-quality birthstone jewelry that is crafted with care and attention to detail. Look for pieces that are durable, long-lasting, and made with genuine materials.
- Meaning: Each birthstone holds unique symbolic meaning and is believed to bring positive energy to the wearer. Choose a piece that resonates with your personal beliefs and values.
In conclusion, celebrating your birth month with birthstone jewelry is a wonderful way to showcase your individuality and commemorate your special day. By considering your personal preferences, the occasion, quality, and meaning, you can find the perfect birthstone jewelry that reflects your unique style and personality.
1. What is a birthstone?
A birthstone is a gemstone that is associated with a person’s birth month. Each month has its own unique birthstone, and they are believed to have special meanings and properties.
2. How do I know my birthstone?
Your birthstone is determined by your birth month. For example, if you were born in January, your birthstone is garnet. You can find a complete list of birthstones and their corresponding months online or in a jewelry store.
3. Can I choose a different birthstone than the one associated with my birth month?
Yes, you can choose a different birthstone than the one associated with your birth month. Some people prefer to choose a birthstone that has a special meaning to them, or one that matches their personal style or the style of their jewelry.
4. What are some popular birthstone jewelry options?
There are many popular birthstone jewelry options, including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. You can also find birthstone charms, pendants, and other accessories.
5. How do I care for my birthstone jewelry?
To care for your birthstone jewelry, it is important to keep it clean and avoid exposing it to harsh chemicals or extreme temperatures. You should also store your jewelry in a safe place to prevent damage or loss.
6. Can I wear my birthstone jewelry with other jewelry?
Yes, you can wear your birthstone jewelry with other jewelry. In fact, birthstone jewelry can be a great way to add a pop of color or a personal touch to your outfit. Just be sure to balance the pieces and avoid overloading your look.
7. How do I know if my birthstone jewelry is of good quality?
To determine if your birthstone jewelry is of good quality, look for signs of craftsmanship and durability. Check for a sturdy clasp or closure, and make sure the stones are set securely in the jewelry. You should also consider the overall design and style of the piece.
8. Where can I find birthstone jewelry?
You can find birthstone jewelry at a variety of retailers, including jewelry stores, department stores, and online retailers. You can also find birthstone jewelry at specialty stores that focus on gemstones and fine jewelry.
9. How much should I expect to pay for birthstone jewelry?
The price of birthstone jewelry can vary depending on the quality of the materials and the complexity of the design. You can find birthstone jewelry at a range of price points, from affordable options to high-end pieces.
10. What are some tips for choosing the perfect birthstone jewelry?
To choose the perfect birthstone jewelry, consider your personal style and the occasion for which you will be wearing the piece. You should also consider the quality of the materials and the craftsmanship of the jewelry. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or seek advice from a jewelry expert if you need help making a decision.